All Players, Coaches and Volunteers must Register Online. Registration will close on September 23rd.
The Online system will be used to register Rockaway Township & Rockaway Boro:
- Girls in grades 3-12 as well as Coaches & Volunteers for Recreation Basketball
- Girls in grades 5-8 for Travel Basketball
Recreation Coaches, please register as soon as possible. We will have a coaches meeting in September. I'll need to know who is returning, leaving or is new to the program. If you coached last year and are not coaching this year (or your daughter is trying out for travel), just please drop me a note so that I don't auto assign you this year. Coaching assignments will be given on a first registered basis.
If you would like to volunteer to be a Recreation Team Parent or would like to just help out in one of our many areas of need, please register as a Team Parent and then indicate as requested in what area you would like to assist. You will not be automatically signed up as the Team Parent unless you specifically indicate it under the volunteer assignments section.
Quick Notes on our Program:
- Our season runs from mid October(starting with optional practice times) through early March (ending with playoffs).
- The first games begin the week after Thanksgiving with preseason practices leading up to that.
- There is typically 1 practice and 1 game each week. Most (but not all) games are on Saturdays, with the younger players playing in the early hours. There are also games during the week, with younger players playing at 6:30pm and the older players playing at 7:45pm. Practices run 1 to 1 1/2 hours and games run 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- There are no set days for games or practices, it will fluctuate throughout the season based on gym availability.
- The younger players practice and play at Birchwood School and Thomas Jefferson (in the Boro). The older girls practice and play at Copeland and Birchwood.
- Our program utilizes a Player Draft; players are not assigned to teams based on schools
- Siblings in the same division will automatically be placed on the same team
- We will again offer a preseason clinic for boys & girls in 3rd & 4th grades that will run Saturday evenings starting in October; this clinic gives young players an opportunity to learn and improve upon the fundamentals of the game prior to the start of game play. Registration for this 5-6 week program will begin in late August/early September after gym time and volunteers have been confirmed.
Key Points for School Gym Use: