For assistance with Registration,
Registration InformationUpdatedWednesday September 14, 2022 byRockaway Girls Basketball Program.
Click Here to Register a Player.
Click Here to Register a Coach.
The Online system will be used to register:
Rockaway Township & Rockaway Boro Girls in:
Rockaway Township, Rockaway Boro, Wharton & Denville Girls in:
Quick Notes on our Program:
- Our season will run from mid-October through early March (ending with playoffs). Team Drafts will be held in late October as gyms become available
- Our Travel (Competitive) program consists of 4 teams:
- 5th Grade Girls Travel Team
- 6th Grade Girls Travel Team
- 7th Grade Girls Travel Team
- 8th Grade Girls Travel Team(If you are interested in trying out for one of our Travel Teams, please register for that team so that you can be notified of all important dates. If you are not selected for a Travel team, your registration will automatically be moved to the In-House program. Please note that all remaining notes here pertain to In-House (Recreation Basketball). Please go to our website for more details on Travel basketball.)
- Our In-House (Recreation) program is grouped into 3 divisions:
- Rookie Division - 3rd & 4th Grade Girls
- Junior Division - 5th & 6th Grade Girls
- Senior Division - 7th & 8th Grade Girls
- The first games will be in December this year, with preseason practices leading up to that.
- There is typically 1 practice and 1 game each week. Most (but not all) games are on Saturdays, with the younger players playing in the early hours. There are also games during the week, with younger players playing at 6:30pm and the older players playing at 7:45pm. Practices run 1 to 1 1/2 hours and games run 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- There are no set days for practices, they will fluctuate (6 days per week) throughout the season based on gym availability.
- The younger players practice and play at Birchwood School and Thomas Jefferson (in the Boro). The older girls practice and play at Copeland and Birchwood.
- Our program utilizes a mandatory Player Draft; players are not assigned to teams based on schools or placed with friends.
- Siblings in the same division will automatically be placed on the same team
- High School Division:
- The High School division is made up of girls from 9th through 12th grades, from both Morris Hills and Morris Knolls.
- The High School division recognizes time is tight with the additional responsibilities that going to high school entails. The High School division does not start until AFTER Thanksgiving. With only one or two practices
- High School games start in late December/early January.
- High School games are mostly played Monday through Friday at 9:00pm.
- Each team plays ~1 game per week, usually no more. Again, this division is created to allow girls to continue playing basketball while assuring the time commitment is not overburdening.